Pool cleaning is a tedious and challenging task for most homeowners, but it can be somewhat easy with the proper knowledge. If you’re interested in learning more about pool maintenance, there are several things you want to implement. This handy guide will give you several hacks every pool owner should utilize.
Although the most important thing you should remember is never to go in the pool without cleaning it first. Make a checklist and follow it every single time you need to clean your pool. A checklist is a great way to keep you on track and make your life easier. Here is a list of things you should do for the best results.
- Remove the leaves and large objects from your pool water. You can do so with a net or by skimming them off. Just make sure you don’t stir the water too much because it may cause dirt and particles to sink to the bottom of the pool.
- Manually clean and vacuum the pool floor. Utilizing a manual vacuum is the easiest way to clean your pool floor, and you don’t have to worry about it creating any dirt or unnecessary particles.
- Clean the pool sides. You can do so manually by using a pool brush or by utilizing a manual cleaner. Pool brushes are great for larger pools, but you might have to use a manual cleaner for better results in smaller pools.
- Drain the water from the skimmer baskets. If you don’t do so, you will have to clean them manually, which can be a real pain. Therefore, it’s highly recommended that you drain them beforehand, so they don’t get in your way.
- Clean the pool pump area. Your pool pump is one of the most essential things in your pool, and you should always keep it clean. You have to clean all the dirt and particles that accumulate in your filter from time to time.
These five hacks will significantly improve the cleanliness of your pool
Every time you go for a swim, you should ask yourself if you’ve done these five things. Do yourself a favor and check here first and then proceed with swimming if you’ve done all the things listed above. A pool is a significant investment, and it takes a lot of time and effort to maintain it properly. Not doing so may be disastrous for your pool, and you’ll have to pay even more money on repairs. So, remember to clean your pool properly and keep everything under control.
Sometimes pool owners have a way of letting things slide
Don’t be one of those pool owners. Take cleaning and maintenance seriously! The easiest way to do this is by having a checklist for everything. It will keep you organized and make things run smoothly. You can write down the list on a piece of paper or save it on your smartphone. Just make sure it’s with you whenever you need to clean your pool. It will make a big difference, and you’ll be amazed by the results. Make these five tips a part of your weekly pool maintenance routine, and your pool will be spotless and ready for swimming every time.