Almost every book or website on The Enneagram has nine lists of characteristics designed to assist you in determining your enneagram type. The difficulty with just employing attributes to categories oneself is that some are ‘typical’, while others are not. ‘Typical’ behaviors are those that we use to repress, evade, or divert ourselves from our basic concerns. However, those same behaviors may be used as a supplementary technique of avoiding troubles by other enneagram types. In order to be successful, a Three may act assertively.So, while wanting success is a typical three behavior, being aggressive is not – it is only a means to an end. Also, check about eneatipo 4
While our behavior does not disclose our enneagram type, the ideas, fears, and motivations that drive our behavior do. These aspects are covered in greater depth on the individual enneagram type webpages, but we have summarized the motivations that underpin each enneagram type’s primary traits below. After reading these nine overviews, please read the information at the bottom of this page before proceeding to the specific enneagram type webpages.
Identifying Your Enneagram Type
When attempting to determine your enneagram type, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Don’t start typing right away. Take your time and read about your potential kinds from a variety of sources. It’s pointless to leap to conclusions too quickly since it won’t help you in the long term.
- You will have some features from each of the nine categories, so seek for the combination of characteristics that truly resonate with you (not necessarily the type with the most matching characteristics). This is why online enneagram tests are untrustworthy.
- As you have all three impulses (self-preservation, sexual, and social), you will have some features from all three subtypes within your enneatype, but one will be more prominent.
- Consider how you were at the age of 20, because we frequently try to repress or ignore some of our qualities as we become older.
- The knowledge regarding “wings” and evolutionary or devolutionary behaviors might be quite useful in determining your enneatypelike eneatipo 4.
- Types 6 through 9 are the most difficult to identify since they are fairly neutral, with few distinguishing traits.
- Even if you have selected which type you are most likely to be, maintain an open mind for a time since you could notice a quality or trend that you weren’t aware of previously, and everything might change.